Saturday, June 4, 2011

Adventures en la capilla

Last night we went to a YSA dance at our chapel. I learned how to dance bachata, merengue, and punta. Okay, so really that statement is pretty generous. I tried to dance bachata, merengue, and punta. It was way fun. Here's some of us at the dance:


K and I also ended up walking home after the dance, where we had the unique experience of being catcalled by transvestite prostitutes. This was an experience that I had never thought of to want to avoid.

We arrived home safely at the super late hour of midnight(for those of you who know my sleeping habit tendencies you know I'm being sarcastic, but at the same time I'm being serious because here I have grown accustomed to going to bed at 11 because I actually have to get up at a normal time in the morning). Since I was up late it felt super early when I got up this morning for our taller at 8am, which was back at the chapel. At least for that walk we didn't have to worry about transvestites catcalling us.

It was the last portion of the taller that we taught today, which means they all graduated. This is the second group that we have graduated now. They are such an amazing group! Here they are:


Hna N, one of the graduates from today, came over and helped us cook an amazing meal today. One of the other participants gave us presents today; they're little Mayan statues. It was so sweet of him. Here we are with T and our little Mayan statues:

No comments:

Post a Comment