Monday, June 6, 2011

Temples

Can I just say I love it here? This is for many reasons, one of which is our manager is awesome. Hno. V is so good to us- maybe it's because he has daughters our age, or because he was taught by sister missionaries when he joined the church(and since everyone seems to think we are sister missionaries we very well could remind him of them), or maybe we are just really cool people he likes.

Today we finished teaching a workshop at noon. I told Hno V we were leaving for the day, and he asked what we were going to be doing this afternoon. When I told him we were going grocery shopping he asked where, and then he offered to drive us so we wouldn't have to walk. We accepted his offer to drive us, and he took us on a detour to eat crepes- K and I both got crepes catrachas, and we split an order of really good crepes with white chocolate and strawberries. Hno V loves to take us out for lunch, and he's introduced us to a lot of Honduran food. After lunch today he took us to the grocery store and waited patiently as we ransacked the place for no bake cookie ingredients, tortillas, limones, and jello. He is so nice; I am glad we have the chance to work with him here.

On another note, yesterday in Relief Society we had a lesson about temples. It was a good lesson; I really miss being able to go to the temple. Currently the nearest temple here is the Guatemala City temple, which is quite the trip to go to. I have been so spoiled to live so near temples. Especially where I live at college, it is so easy to go to the temple frequently. On Sunday I was thinking about how it's seemed like forever since I've been to the temple and how I wish I could go, and then I started thinking about the members here who aren't spoiled like me. It is really cool though- right now the Guatemala City temple is the closest temple. They are building a temple in San Salvador, El Salvador that will be dedicated in August that will be closer, and the Tegucigalpa temple will be dedicated next summer. There is also another temple in Guatemala that will be dedicated this December. There are so many temples being built here in Central America right now.

Guatemala City Temple

At the end of the lesson about temples the lady teaching handed out slips of paper for people to write down goals to go to the temple this year. I was thinking about how when I get back to school I should go more frequently. When she got to handing papers to me and K, she told us our goal could be que casarse (get married). I'm not sure if she meant that we should have that goal in the same time frame as everyone else- within the year, but I can tell you that will not happen. I do already have the life goal of getting married, but I did also make a goal to go to the temple more often when I again am living near one. Here are some temples I've been to:

Louisville Kentucky Temple

Provo Temple
so apparently I don't have a picture of this temple without a bunch of people
in it, so just ignore the circus of missionaries surrounding the temple.

Newport Beach Temple
This is the temple I went to on my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment