Monday, August 1, 2011

Viajando

We leave tomorrow morning at like 4:30, so I should be packing, but here I am finally writing about our extensive trip.  I've already mentioned parts of our trip in past posts, but here I will post pictures from the rest of it.

First, I'll give an overview of our trip.  On July 19 we left Tegucigalpa to go to Tela, and our next stop was La Ceiba.  After that we went to Copan Ruinas, which is the only place we stayed where we did not teach a workshop.  Then we went to La Entrada, and Santa Rosa de Copan.  We finally got back to Teguz last night at about 8pm.  It's weird to come back to a place that feels like home only to leave again about a day later.


In La Ceiba we had the biggest group we've taught so far.  We had 22 graduates, and about 40 people were at each class.  I don't like speaking in front of a ton of people, but on the first day we taught there we had a microphone.  I don't know why, but for some reason I really liked talking to a big group when I had the microphone; it made me less nervous.




While we were in La Ceiba we also went ziplining.  We also went to some hot springs, got a massage (which only hurt my sunburn a little), and ate more fish and tajadas.


Next stop: Copan Ruinas.




We saw this beautiful view in Copan after going on a horseback riding tour only about half an hour after getting to Copan.  The next day we went to see the famous ruins in Copan.



The ruins were pretty cool.  We had some fun taking pictures at the ruins.




We went to a butterfly park the last morning we were in Copan Ruinas.  There are a ton of butterflies in this part of Honduras.


In my last post I wrote about our arriving in La Entrada; here are the participants from that workshop:



Our last city was Santa Rosa de Copan.  On our second day there we decided to go get a snack down the street.  We ate, then got liquados and decided to drink them in the park that was a few blocks away.  While walking there we noticed that something seemed to be going on, as people were lining the street and buying pinwheels that people were selling.  We finally asked someone about it, and found out that a parade was supposed to have started at 9am (it was noon by then).  We waited about ten more minutes, and a parade came along!  Our timing was pretty good so that we were able to see the parade, but not be waiting around all day.


This was my favorite float.  K described these dancers well as "ninja mimes."
And, here are the graduates from our last workshop we taught in Santa Rosa.

This trip was awesome.  We more than doubled the number of people we taught in workshops, saw a lot more of Honduras, and got to do some really cool things.  Now I better go pack, my traveling isn't done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment