Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fried Green Bananas

Sunday was an awesome day.  We spent a good portion of the day with the M family.  We went up to where the temple is being built.  It was a beautiful clear day.


Then we went to the M family's place where they taught us how to make tajadas, which are fried green bananas.  Here are some pictures of K and I learning how to make them:


You have to use a knife to start peeling them.  Then after they're peeled you slice them to fry.




We ate them how they do in Tela- minus the chicken organs- we ate it with ground beef instead.  They eat them with cabbage, meat, and a homemade sauce.  It was so good!  


It was way fun learning how to make tajadas and spending time with the M family.

Oh, I forgot to mention, K and I sang in a quartet in Sacrament meeting again on Sunday.  I wasn't as nervous this time, but I have accepted the fact that singing is not my talent(ok, so I already had accepted that, but that fact is just confirmed further).  

We also sort of forgot to pick the hymns for Sacrament meeting until we got there on Sunday.  So, while we were practicing singing I was also picking out hymns.  For the Sacrament hymn I picked the first Sacrament hymn I saw in the book.  I asked K if the song was alright for her to play.  I just showed her the page though, and she looked at the other song on the page which is a common easy hymn that I should have picked.  As we were singing the song I realized it was not a simple song.  I realized I didn't know it very well, and neither did K know it well on the piano.  I felt lost at some parts, and K played well considering she was sight reading a hymn that's difficult to play, but there were some rough spots.  Luckily the congregation knew this hymn pretty well- if they hadn't it would've made for an even more interesting story, and a new hymn would have been sung that day.  That's what happens with last minute choosing of hymns without actually looking at them.

We also found out this week that this upcoming Sunday will be our last Sunday in our ward.  That's because the next two Sundays we will be traveling(yay!).  We're going to teach 4 workshops in our last two weeks in Honduras, and each in a different city.  It will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment